Printfriendly

CABBAGE A LA MALON RECIPE

The recipe pictured above has been halved, as it was just my husband and I eating that night.  The recipe below will make double this amount! #cabbagerecipes


This is one of those recipes that I've been making for 26 years.  It was given to me by my sister and was originally my mothers recipe.  It is the best cabbage dish that I have ever made.  Adults and kids seem to like it equally.  My girls called it "pizza cabbage" when they were little.  The cabbage seems to get extra tender and sweet in this recipe.  It is very easy to make but is suitable for company!  I have modified the recipe a little over the years from the original.

Cabbage a la Malon


Bake Covered 350 degrees; 45 minutes and 5 minutes; 4-6 servings

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
3/4 head cabbage cut into 6 wedges
29 ounces tomato sauce
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large, oven safe pot, brown meat, onions, and celery.  Arrange cabbage on top of meat.  Blend tomato sauce and seasonings.  Pour over cabbage.

COVER and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 5 more minutes.

Serve over rice!

#cabbagerecipes #recipes #easycabbagerecipes


THANK YOU FOR READING!

copyright, 2013, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, all rights reserved.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.