Printfriendly

CROCKPOT: CREAMY CHICKEN & TOMATOES W/ ZITI

Easy Slow Cooker Recipe...


I had a lot of house cleaning to do today and knew I would be too tired to even think about dinner come 5 o'clock.  As usual, I pulled out my crock pot.  The only problem was that I haven't been to the grocery store in atleast 3 weeks and we were down to almost nothing in the pantry.  I just grabbed a few canned ingredients and went to my trusty freezer and this is what I came up with.  The recipe turned out really good. It had a nice creamy tomato taste and was pretty hearty combined with the ziti.  It's a nice easy, go to recipe, for when you're not feeling too creative in the kitchen.




Ingredients:

1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can white beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 can chicken broth
2 chicken breasts frozen
1/2 cup onion
2 stalks celery
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup frozen mixed peppers
1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 TB parsley

3/4 cup Mozzerella or Cheddar Cheese
2 cups Ziti

Directions:

For easy clean up, spray inside of slow cooker with a non-stick spray.  Combine all ingredients except Cheese and Ziti in crockpot. Stir together. Cook for 6-7 hours on low. Shred Chicken.

1/2 hour before serving turn slow cooker to high and add cheese.

Cook Ziti as package directs, drain and add to crock pot. Stir and Serve.


#recipes #chickenrecipes #crockpotrecipes

Thanks for reading!




No comments

Powered by Blogger.