Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT SCALLOPED SCARF

Earth Toned Scalloped Scarf/Cowl With Metal Buttons...


I was feeling experimental today and decided to try and see if I could knit a deep scalloped edge on a loom scarf.  I'm becoming kind of bored with the straight edge.  To my surprise, I got it on the first try.  Now I had to decide what color I would make it.  I love earth tones so I dug out some fisherman colored yarn I had.  I like the way the cream and brown blend together. Because I changed colors so often, I knew I wasn't going to want to weave all those ends of yarn into my project later so at each color change I hand wove the ends in as I was knitting.  This worked out perfectly...my ends were hidden and I had no extra work to do at the end of the project.  I tried to make the directions as clear as possible and hope that you can follow them.  I did end up with a dropped stitch at each button hole which I hand stitched closed without a problem.  I put a close-up picture of the holes in order for you to see how they turned out.  It took me about 6 hours to do this with the time it took to think out the pattern included.  Good luck with it.  I'm sure it would look great in any combination of colors! #Loomknitpattern



Things you'll need:

(2) Metal Buttons
Straight Loom (I used Knifty Knitter)
1 Skein Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Color: Barley
1 Skein Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Color: Fisherman
Knitting Tool
Crochet Hook

Directions:

-With 1 strand of Barley, cast on 11 pegs (Straight Loom e-wrap)
-Counting from left to right...
-Move Yarn from Peg 3 to 2
-Move Yarn from Peg 4 to 5
-Move Yarn from Peg 8 to 7
-Move Yarn from Peg 9 to 10
-Do this on top and bottom row 
-Pegs 3,4,8,9 on both sides should be empty
-Move the long stitches inside pegs 3-4 & 8-9 to outside of loom (on both sides of loom) see picture


-e-wrap knit pegs that have two strands of yarn on them
-e-wrap all pegs
-e-wrap knit Pegs 1-2, Purl pegs 3-4, e-wrap knit pegs 5-7, purl pegs 8-9, e-wrap knit 10-11
-e-wrap knit 3 rows

-[cast on with one strand of Fisherman (brown)]
-[e-wrap knit 3 rows]
-[cast on with Barley (cream)]
-[e-wrap knit 4 rows]
-repeat above  [in brackets] 10 times
-cast on with one strand of Fisherman (brown)
-e-wrap knit 3 rows
-cast on with Barley (cream)
-e-wrap knit 3 rows

-Counting from left to right...
-Move Yarn from Peg 3 to 2
-Move Yarn from Peg 4 to 5
-Move Yarn from Peg 8 to 7
-Move Yarn from Peg 9 to 10
-Do this on top and bottom row 
-Pegs 3,4,8,9 on both sides should be empty
-Knit pegs
-Move the long stitches inside pegs 3-4 & 8-9 to outside of loom (on both sides of loom)
-e-wrap all pegs
-e-wrap knit Pegs 1-2, Purl pegs 3-4, e-wrap knit pegs 5-7, purl pegs 8-9, e-wrap knit 10-11
-button holes and smaller scalloped edge will form
-cast off loom
-Hand stitch any dropped stitches around button holes
-Sew on buttons, using picture for placement

Close up of Knitting, button holes, buttons & scalloped edges

Thanks for Reading!



Disclaimer:  I have made every effort to ensure that these instructions are accurate and complete.  I cannot, however, be reponsible 
for human error, typographical mistakes, or variations in individual work.  
 Please knit these patterns at your own risk.
#loomknitting #freepattern #knitting #scarf #cowl

Copyright, 2013, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, all rights reserved





No comments

Powered by Blogger.