Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT CABLE ICE/GIFT BAG

FREE LOOM KNITTING PATTERN...


Six weeks ago, on Thanksgiving, I accidentally dropped a very heavy Christmas tree on my foot and ended up in the emergency room. My foot was so swollen that I couldn't stand anything near my foot.  The doctors wanted me to keep ice on it but even that hurt.  Since I was stuck on the couch anyway, I came up with the idea for a loom knit ice bag.  I wanted it to sit flat and be soft and I added cables because it had to be cute, of course! It works great, I just stick a sandwich bag of ice inside and put it on the injury.  I think it would be a really good gift bag or small evening purse. I hope you enjoy this pattern!
#loomknitgiftbag #loomkniticebag #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknittingpatterns #loomknitting #knittingpattern #loomknitcablebag #loomknittingcables


LOOM KNIT ICE/GIFT BAG PATTERN

Final Measurement: 6 inches across base, 4 inch high when sitting flat; total height is 7 inches.

Supplies:
  • 66 peg small/medium gauge loom (CinDWood Loom used in sample)
  • Knitting tool
  • Crochet hook
  • Measuring tape
  • Yarn (MC):  1 skein, Encore Chunky Colorspun, 75% Acrylic, 25% Wool, (5); Color: Drifting
Pattern:
Key:  LTW = Left Twist; RTW = Right Twist; p = Purl; k = Knit; MC = Main Color
  • Chain cast on 66 pegs with 1 strand MC; join to work in the round.
  • Row 1:  *p1, k3, repeat from *.
  • Row 2:  *k1, p1, repeat from *.
  • Row 3:  k2, *p1, k3, repeat from *.
  • Row 4:  *k1, p1, repeat from *.
  • Row 5:  *p1, k3, repeat from *.
  • Row 6:  *k1, p1, repeat from *.
  • Row 7:  k2, *p1, k3, repeat from *.
  • Row 8:  *k1, p1, repeat from *.
  • Row 9:  *p1, k3, repeat from *.
  • Row 10:  *k1, p1, repeat from *.
  • Row 11:  k2, *p1, k3, repeat from *.
  • Cuff stops here, start body of bag...
  • Row 12:  *p3, k2, repeat from *.
  • Row 13:  Repeat row 12.
  • Row 14:  *p3, RTW, p3, LTW, repeat from * to last peg, p1.
  • Row 15:  Repeat row 12.
  • Repeat rows 12-15 until knitting measures 4 inches.
  • Next row: purl
  • Now repeat rows 12-15 until knitting measures 7 inches.
  • Bind off using gather method; pull closed; secure.
  • Weave in ends.
  • Weave 1 strand of yarn or ribbon through knitting at base of cuff; gather top and tie a bow.
  • Enjoy your new bag!
THANK YOU FOR READING, HAPPY LOOMING!
Top of Bag
Bottom of Bag

2015, thismomentisgood, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved. Do not copy and paste content, link to this post instead please.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.