Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT COWL/SCARF

  This Loom Knit Cowl was made many, many years ago.  I remember most of the info for how I did this since it's really basic but came out wonderful...The cowl is very structured and warm.  It gets its structure from the double knitting and the thick yarn, so please don't use thin yarn for this.  My daughter likes it so much she's picked out yarn for me to knit one for her.  The picture below is her cowl in progress.  

This is not an official pattern since I did not take notes when the first one was done but a confident beginner should be able to make it from the directions I have included below.

#freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknitcowlpattern #loomknitting

Finished Cowl...Thick and Warm

DIRECTIONS:


You will need the following materials:
1 skein Wool-Ease Chunky (4); Color:  402 Wheat
1 skein Medium Weight Yarn (4); Color: see below (lion Brand organic cotton           was used for this cowl. I do not have the name of the color)
1 straight loom; I used knifty knitter's rose colored loom 12 pegs
Knitting loom tool
Crochet hook
(3) Large Wood Buttons

-Using one strand from each color (as one) E-Wrap Cast-on all 12 pegs
-E-Wrap Knit all rows until Cowl measures 37" or desired length.
-Chain one Bind off
-Weave in yarn ends
-Sew on buttons  (I did not use button holes for this cowl.  I just push the             buttons through the thick knitting)

#knitting #knitcowl #knitscarf #loomknitting #loomknitscarfpattern #loomknitcowl

all rights reserved, Nicole F. Cox, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com

Knifty Knitter Loom used ...12 pegs. This picture is my daughters cowl in progress.



This is the second color yarn I used...I do not have the exact name but it is two shades of green and a yellowish cream; lion brand organic cotton.

THANK YOU FOR READING!  HAPPY LOOMING!

2013, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.  Do Not copy and paste my blog posts; links to this blog are ok.  

No comments

Powered by Blogger.