Printfriendly

LOOM KNIT SAMPLER COWL/SCARF

A Happy Accident...


This week I was trying to come up with something new that I haven't seen before in loom knitting.  After wracking my brain and not coming up with anything, I started thinking about other crafts I had done in the past.  I used to machine quilt quite a bit for a craft shop I owned.  I loved to do patchwork quilts...the more pieces the better!  It was so cool to take 400 pieces of fabric and make a single design out of them.  So I thought why not try to make a sampler scarf/cowl?  Instead of changing the yarn, I decided to change the stitch in every section and keep the yarn consistent  (I didn't want it to get too crazy, lol).  I am so pleased with the result and am giving it to someone special as a Christmas gift.

Unfortunately, I didn't write notes on this scarf as I was doing it because I had to frog it four times and wasn't sure what I was going to come up with.  So there is no formal pattern for this one.  I can say that I worked in rows of Fourteen.  Meaning, every 14 rows I changed my stitch (pattern).  I did six separate blocks.  That gave me a total of 84 rows.  I used super bulky Hometown, USA yarn by Lion; two different colors.  I used a straight loom as double knitting.  My daughter and I both love Periwinkle Blue, that's why I chose this color. It also reminds me of blue jeans so I thought it would match just about everything. The metal buttons were a find at Joann Fabrics and I think they embellish it perfect.  I love how the large button stands out in the center of this piece and the two smaller buttons balance it out.  The edge of the cowl is a crochet picot edge, done by hand.

I hope this piece inspires you to come up with something new and just play a little with your loom knitting.  You never know what you'll come up with...It could be fabulous!

THANKS FOR READING! HAPPY LOOM KNITTING ALL!

copyright, 2013, thismomentisgood.blogspot.com, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.

#loomknitcowl #loomknitscarves #freeloomknittingpatterns #loomknittingideas #loomknitting

No comments

Powered by Blogger.