Printfriendly

CHOCOLATE CHIP HEART VALENTINES!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL OF OUR READERS!

#heartshapedchocolatechipcookie #valentinesday

I spent my morning making my yearly Valentines for my husband, children and nephews.  I was determined to use items that I already had in the house and was very proud that I didn't even have to leave the house for this years Valentines.  The way to my husbands heart...is anything baked! He loves sweets. So I decided that I would make him a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie.  This was my first attempt but it came out pretty good.  I also made some heart shaped cookies for the kids and wrapped them up!

I whipped up some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and put it on some parchment paper and using a butter knife I shaped it into a heart shape.  I had all the supplies because I never found time for my Christmas baking this year. During baking, the large cookie spread out and while the cookie was hot I trimmed the heart with a butter knife.  I made regular cookies and used a cookie cutter to make one heart shaped cookie for the front of each of the bags.  To do this, I pressed the cookie cutter into the larger cookies as soon as they came out of the oven. Then, of course, I ate the trimmings. I cut out felt hearts and hot glued them on the bags, along with a tag.

I'm not going to lie, this took me all morning (clean-up included) but I was glad to stay out of the commercial side of Valentine's Day.  I would love to hear how my readers use their creativity to celebrate this holiday!


THANK YOU FOR READING!

copyright, 2015, thismomentisgood, Nicole F. Cox, all rights reserved.




No comments

Powered by Blogger.